Hidden Oasis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Hidden Oasis! Feel free to ask for others to join.
The season is Summer!! Who wants a swim?
Top posters
Angel (2622)
Hidden Oasis 2.0 - Page 5 I_vote_lcapHidden Oasis 2.0 - Page 5 I_voting_barHidden Oasis 2.0 - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 
Shadow (2018)
Hidden Oasis 2.0 - Page 5 I_vote_lcapHidden Oasis 2.0 - Page 5 I_voting_barHidden Oasis 2.0 - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 
Riiko (1791)
Ghuna (1731)
Jeger (1605)
Lapaoftheforest (1497)
Sasha (1314)
Cyrus (1015)
Lokioftheocean (923)
Okami (842)
Latest topics
» First new plot
Hidden Oasis 2.0 - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:12 pm by Angel

» Fallen Waters Pack Territory
Hidden Oasis 2.0 - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 11:05 am by Angel

» The Great Cave Maze
Hidden Oasis 2.0 - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 9:23 am by Angel

» The Grand Beach
Hidden Oasis 2.0 - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 9:21 am by Angel

» Hidden Cave
Hidden Oasis 2.0 - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 9:19 am by Angel

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 64 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:57 pm
Top posting users this month
No user
Statistics
We have 61 registered users
The newest registered user is quasanl

Our users have posted a total of 24505 messages in 208 subjects

Hidden Oasis 2.0

Go down 
+13
Zevnyx
Eddie
Ghuna
Sasha
Riiko
Lapaoftheforest
Aurora
Jeana
Juno
Nia
Mākasu· Beikā
Okami
Aki
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Which ideas do you like?
Money
Hidden Oasis 2.0 - Page 5 I_vote_lcap19%Hidden Oasis 2.0 - Page 5 I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 14 ]
Relationships
 19% [ 14 ]
The Games
Hidden Oasis 2.0 - Page 5 I_vote_lcap20%Hidden Oasis 2.0 - Page 5 I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 15 ]
Fighting dice
Hidden Oasis 2.0 - Page 5 I_vote_lcap23%Hidden Oasis 2.0 - Page 5 I_vote_rcap
 23% [ 17 ]
Scents dice
 19% [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 74

AuthorMessage
Aki
Previous Members
Aki

Hidden Oasis 2.0 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Hidden Oasis 2.0   Hidden Oasis 2.0 - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 9:06 am

First topic message reminder :

Hey everyone.
As we approach HOP's first birthday (I can't believe it's already been one year xD) I've been thinking it's time for a change. With activity dipping, and through looking at other packs throughout the year, and how we rp, I believe there are some changes that could be made to make this site even better. Some of these ideas have come from Jeana's new pack, and I thank her for allowing me to bring them here as well.

Not all of these changes are definite to happen yet as I want your input as well. If you don't like an idea, let me know and we will see how many others feel the same. If you come up with an idea which you think will make this pack better, let me know and if I approve, then I will place it up here to see how others feel about it.

Once all the changes have been decided on, unless you guys don't want it to, I will be restarting the pack. So the posting history will be wiped clean and we will start again. This will be the perfect time for those who want to change characters, but you are welcome to keep your character(s) if you wish. Those who have won previous competitions, including the current banner contest will keep their prizes unless they do not want them.

The fire plot will still go ahead, but will be later than expected. Sorry that I keep pushing this back, bit it WILL happen.

Ideas
  • A monetary system. So you will have items which you can buy to make your character better, and your ranks will be more like jobs, each task earning you more money i.e. each time a hunter kills a pig for the pack, s/he get $10. I haven't yet come up with a name for the money, ideas from you guys are most welcome.

Relationships. Instead of being friends then mates, there will be another stage in between. Partners, which will be more like girlfriend and boyfriend. You can still break up once you're mates if you want to.

The Games. This is how your wolf will be tested for higher ranks, or if you just want a go and to have fun. What will happen in there will be one wolf at a time up against a particular challenge. The challenge will be chosen by the wolf, depending on what rank s/he wants. This will include new members, pups who have finished studying for their rank, wolves wanting to switch ranks, those wanting to get head ranks and higher ranks like Beta. Wolves with high ranks will be required to participate in the games each month (might change the time frame) to brush up on their skills and prove that they still want the rank. If the wolf misses his/her chance to go through the games again, they will be given a warning, then the rank will be stripped from them. The only exception will be if the wolf is on EFA. More details will be put up once I get the time to write it up xD

A new dice will be made for when wolves get into fights. There will be two, one for serious fights, and another for a minor fight. They will tell you if your attack misses or if you land your attack and how much damage has been caused.

There will be another set of dice for picking what scents you pick up during a hunt. There will be one for winter and autumn and another for summer and spring. The only exception will be when fishing

I think that was all of them. Any additions welcome Smile On the poll, please indicate if you like an idea. If there are not many votes for any idea, then the change won't be made.

Last edited by Aki on Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:43 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Angel
Alpha
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Oasis 2.0   Hidden Oasis 2.0 - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 5:51 am

hey guys, just wanting to make sure that while I'm making changes that we all agree with the changes above. I'm not so sure about the money system anymore as I'm not sure what you could buy with the money, so I might not do that anymore. Let me know what you think. I'm not making the fight dice either. The more I thought about it, the more restricting it became, and fights can be more creative and interesting if we leave it up to those fighting to decide what happens. Also, the changes are already almost complete! So I think it will be safe to say that those who have already said that they want to stay in the pack can start role play tomorrow. Please start at the den as if we have just arrived at the territory for the first time. Don't forget to post your new bio's, feel free to just copy your old one into the new area. As promised, the others have 2 weeks from tomorrow until I classify them as left the pack and will need to start as if they are trying to join the pack. So far I have confirmations that Jeana, Ghuna, Riiko and Shadow are rejoining the pack. I hope to see you all in the den tomorrow bright eyed and bushy tailed xp he he
Back to top Go down
https://hiddenoasis.rpg-board.net
Cyrus
Hunter
Cyrus

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Oasis 2.0   Hidden Oasis 2.0 - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 7:51 am

Hey! Im back too now!!!

We should do like contests and games and stuff like that. There isn't a point for money cause the pack is 'realistic' so you can't really buy anything anyways.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Alpha
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Oasis 2.0   Hidden Oasis 2.0 - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 7:53 am

I'm glad you agree xp I'm setting up the Games area now for rank upgrades, should make things a little more interesting :p and the scents dice is up and running, as well as new relationship status, I think we pretty much ready to rock and roll once the bio's are posted xp he he
Back to top Go down
Zevnyx
Warrior
Zevnyx

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Oasis 2.0   Hidden Oasis 2.0 - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 12:10 am

Hey! It's me Zevnyx! And I'm back!

Just some thoughts:

The money idea can be scratched although I have a similar system in my site where you can buy second characters; pack mates, rival wolves, bears, cougars, foxes etc... With points that you earn through winning or participating in contests.

Other things my members do with their points is make signature, avatar and post layout shops where they sell eachother such things at their own prices they negotiate. Just something if you want to look into it.

Also when I think of restarting anything I always think about a "fresh new look" like new bannes and photos, icons and simple descriptions, colours and names anything like that, just an idea.

~Your old pal, Zevnyx

Last edited by Zevnyx on Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://landoftheelements.canadian-forum.com/
Angel
Alpha
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Oasis 2.0   Hidden Oasis 2.0 - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 4:31 am

Awesome, glad to hear you're back as well :p and might do, I was thinking about changing the look of the pack, and I still might. Just got to decide on a look if I do go for it xp
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Oasis 2.0   Hidden Oasis 2.0 - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hidden Oasis 2.0
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5