Hidden Oasis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Hidden Oasis! Feel free to ask for others to join.
The season is Summer!! Who wants a swim?
Top posters
Angel (2622)
Hidden Oasis 2.0 I_vote_lcapHidden Oasis 2.0 I_voting_barHidden Oasis 2.0 I_vote_rcap 
Shadow (2018)
Hidden Oasis 2.0 I_vote_lcapHidden Oasis 2.0 I_voting_barHidden Oasis 2.0 I_vote_rcap 
Riiko (1791)
Ghuna (1731)
Jeger (1605)
Lapaoftheforest (1497)
Sasha (1314)
Cyrus (1015)
Lokioftheocean (923)
Okami (842)
Latest topics
» First new plot
Hidden Oasis 2.0 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:12 pm by Angel

» Fallen Waters Pack Territory
Hidden Oasis 2.0 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 11:05 am by Angel

» The Great Cave Maze
Hidden Oasis 2.0 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 9:23 am by Angel

» The Grand Beach
Hidden Oasis 2.0 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 9:21 am by Angel

» Hidden Cave
Hidden Oasis 2.0 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 9:19 am by Angel

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 64 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:57 pm
Top posting users this month
No user
Statistics
We have 61 registered users
The newest registered user is quasanl

Our users have posted a total of 24505 messages in 208 subjects

Hidden Oasis 2.0

Go down 
+13
Zevnyx
Eddie
Ghuna
Sasha
Riiko
Lapaoftheforest
Aurora
Jeana
Juno
Nia
Mākasu· Beikā
Okami
Aki
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Which ideas do you like?
Money
Hidden Oasis 2.0 I_vote_lcap19%Hidden Oasis 2.0 I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 14 ]
Relationships
 19% [ 14 ]
The Games
Hidden Oasis 2.0 I_vote_lcap20%Hidden Oasis 2.0 I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 15 ]
Fighting dice
Hidden Oasis 2.0 I_vote_lcap23%Hidden Oasis 2.0 I_vote_rcap
 23% [ 17 ]
Scents dice
 19% [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 74

AuthorMessage
Aki
Previous Members
Aki

Hidden Oasis 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Hidden Oasis 2.0   Hidden Oasis 2.0 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 9:06 am

Hey everyone.
As we approach HOP's first birthday (I can't believe it's already been one year xD) I've been thinking it's time for a change. With activity dipping, and through looking at other packs throughout the year, and how we rp, I believe there are some changes that could be made to make this site even better. Some of these ideas have come from Jeana's new pack, and I thank her for allowing me to bring them here as well.

Not all of these changes are definite to happen yet as I want your input as well. If you don't like an idea, let me know and we will see how many others feel the same. If you come up with an idea which you think will make this pack better, let me know and if I approve, then I will place it up here to see how others feel about it.

Once all the changes have been decided on, unless you guys don't want it to, I will be restarting the pack. So the posting history will be wiped clean and we will start again. This will be the perfect time for those who want to change characters, but you are welcome to keep your character(s) if you wish. Those who have won previous competitions, including the current banner contest will keep their prizes unless they do not want them.

The fire plot will still go ahead, but will be later than expected. Sorry that I keep pushing this back, bit it WILL happen.

Ideas
  • A monetary system. So you will have items which you can buy to make your character better, and your ranks will be more like jobs, each task earning you more money i.e. each time a hunter kills a pig for the pack, s/he get $10. I haven't yet come up with a name for the money, ideas from you guys are most welcome.

Relationships. Instead of being friends then mates, there will be another stage in between. Partners, which will be more like girlfriend and boyfriend. You can still break up once you're mates if you want to.

The Games. This is how your wolf will be tested for higher ranks, or if you just want a go and to have fun. What will happen in there will be one wolf at a time up against a particular challenge. The challenge will be chosen by the wolf, depending on what rank s/he wants. This will include new members, pups who have finished studying for their rank, wolves wanting to switch ranks, those wanting to get head ranks and higher ranks like Beta. Wolves with high ranks will be required to participate in the games each month (might change the time frame) to brush up on their skills and prove that they still want the rank. If the wolf misses his/her chance to go through the games again, they will be given a warning, then the rank will be stripped from them. The only exception will be if the wolf is on EFA. More details will be put up once I get the time to write it up xD

A new dice will be made for when wolves get into fights. There will be two, one for serious fights, and another for a minor fight. They will tell you if your attack misses or if you land your attack and how much damage has been caused.

There will be another set of dice for picking what scents you pick up during a hunt. There will be one for winter and autumn and another for summer and spring. The only exception will be when fishing

I think that was all of them. Any additions welcome Smile On the poll, please indicate if you like an idea. If there are not many votes for any idea, then the change won't be made.

Last edited by Aki on Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:43 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Okami
Previous Members
Okami

Hidden Oasis 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Oasis 2.0   Hidden Oasis 2.0 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 9:15 am

awesome ^^ im sure these new changes will get every1 to be a little more active ^^
Back to top Go down
Aki
Previous Members
Aki

Hidden Oasis 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Oasis 2.0   Hidden Oasis 2.0 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 9:16 am

0.0 wow that post is longer than I thought.......and thanks Okami xD remember to vote. No time limit for this one as I want to make sure that everyone to have their say Smile
Back to top Go down
Mākasu· Beikā

Mākasu· Beikā

Hidden Oasis 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Oasis 2.0   Hidden Oasis 2.0 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 2:17 pm

lol nice

what about change the Bio's a little too? So add a couple of extra things such as height and species? So such as Grey wolf, Arctic etc etc

Also with the money situation, why don't you call it something like a natural object? Such as a type of stone, jem or precious item such as a pearl? so like maybe...
Pearl (as above)
Quarts
Shale

etc etc you get the idea

Hope you like them Smile
Back to top Go down
Aki
Previous Members
Aki

Hidden Oasis 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Oasis 2.0   Hidden Oasis 2.0 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 4:07 pm

Quarts sounds cool Smile and you can add anything to your bio already xD The template is just a guide
Back to top Go down
Nia

Nia

Hidden Oasis 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Oasis 2.0   Hidden Oasis 2.0 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 4:29 pm

Hehe the fighting things kinda reminds me of pokemon.

Picachu: Dodges attack
Charizard: Uses claw

haha
Back to top Go down
Okami
Previous Members
Okami

Hidden Oasis 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Oasis 2.0   Hidden Oasis 2.0 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 5:02 pm

Charizard used claw ...... it was very effective

XD i couldn't resist
Back to top Go down
Juno

Juno

Hidden Oasis 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Oasis 2.0   Hidden Oasis 2.0 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 5:37 pm

Wow, this looks great! I just sorta don't like the getting rid of our posting history, our posting history allows new members to see whah happened before they came, how it started, etc. (If they're ever bored like me and go on Tranquil Den 1 to read, u'll understand) I don't really understand the realtionship thing, like, I don't think wolves should be like a FB. I do like the money idea and other hunting ideas, they seem terrific. I'm fine with new areas other than the den or some really popular areas.
Lol ^^A paragraph
~Ghuna/Juno
Back to top Go down
Aki
Previous Members
Aki

Hidden Oasis 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Oasis 2.0   Hidden Oasis 2.0 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 5:40 pm

Well, one thing we could do for our history is I can make an archive for it all, so it's not lost Smile
Back to top Go down
Juno

Juno

Hidden Oasis 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Oasis 2.0   Hidden Oasis 2.0 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 5:41 pm

Yeah, that would be fine with me, lol I usually read the bio archives too
Back to top Go down
Aki
Previous Members
Aki

Hidden Oasis 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Oasis 2.0   Hidden Oasis 2.0 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 5:44 pm

nice june bug xD I have actually read through the archives before xD Seems like it was just yesterday when we started xD
And for the relationship idea, I just felt it seemed odd to go from friends then to mates. Wasn't sure what you guys would think about it xD Mark actually helped me with that idea as well xD
Back to top Go down
Jeana
Scout
Jeana

Hidden Oasis 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Oasis 2.0   Hidden Oasis 2.0 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 6:39 pm

Yeah, the mates thing is a good Idea. I like them all except the area ones. but If you did an archive for them, then all's good. I would feel kind of sad if we lost the history of it all. I mean, it's how it started here.
Back to top Go down
Aki
Previous Members
Aki

Hidden Oasis 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Oasis 2.0   Hidden Oasis 2.0 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 6:42 pm

well we don't really have to restart the pack if you guys don't want to. Will just have to come up with a reason why all these changes are suddenly coming about. Although, Loki and Riiko have agreed to give me back the title of Alpha....that could work... Smile
Back to top Go down
Jeana
Scout
Jeana

Hidden Oasis 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Oasis 2.0   Hidden Oasis 2.0 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 6:49 pm

So, we could put in an Archives Page and then anything that was going to be chucked away or whatever can be put in there and hopefully never lost!
Back to top Go down
Aki
Previous Members
Aki

Hidden Oasis 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Oasis 2.0   Hidden Oasis 2.0 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 6:52 pm

I am starting to think that it would be easier if we don't have to restart the pack now Smile So the area's and current posts would remain where they are at the moment. Those who want to change their characters can still do so if they want to though
Back to top Go down
Juno

Juno

Hidden Oasis 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Oasis 2.0   Hidden Oasis 2.0 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 4:27 am

Nahh, my characters are very happy, one's in love, the other's perfectly happy, so, yep, I'm fine. And, hey, I forgot, how did Angel die again?
Back to top Go down
Okami
Previous Members
Okami

Hidden Oasis 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Oasis 2.0   Hidden Oasis 2.0 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 7:00 am

lol so you haven't read the whole thing XD she got poisoned.
Back to top Go down
Aki
Previous Members
Aki

Hidden Oasis 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Oasis 2.0   Hidden Oasis 2.0 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 7:46 am

I ate a bad bird xD and remember that you can change your vote if someone mentions something about the idea that you didn't think about XD I've changed my thoughts a few times already xD I'm surprised that the relationships one isn't so popular xD oh well Smile
Back to top Go down
Mākasu· Beikā

Mākasu· Beikā

Hidden Oasis 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Oasis 2.0   Hidden Oasis 2.0 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 12:43 pm

I am probably going to change mine.
Back to top Go down
Jeana
Scout
Jeana

Hidden Oasis 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Oasis 2.0   Hidden Oasis 2.0 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 12:47 pm

your changing your character? :O Oh, no marky poo!
Back to top Go down
Mākasu· Beikā

Mākasu· Beikā

Hidden Oasis 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Oasis 2.0   Hidden Oasis 2.0 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 12:52 pm

Well Mark is not very loved now I dont think haha
Back to top Go down
Jeana
Scout
Jeana

Hidden Oasis 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Oasis 2.0   Hidden Oasis 2.0 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 12:57 pm

naw... Nia could become his new best fwend! xD
Back to top Go down
Mākasu· Beikā

Mākasu· Beikā

Hidden Oasis 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Oasis 2.0   Hidden Oasis 2.0 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 1:02 pm

mmm.. maybe. Nia is your character is she?
Back to top Go down
Aki
Previous Members
Aki

Hidden Oasis 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Oasis 2.0   Hidden Oasis 2.0 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 1:18 pm

xD well if you want a character gone, then just decide if you want to be killed by hunter, or killed by fire Smile
Back to top Go down
Mākasu· Beikā

Mākasu· Beikā

Hidden Oasis 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Oasis 2.0   Hidden Oasis 2.0 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 1:19 pm

mmm... will see when time comes Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hidden Oasis 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Oasis 2.0   Hidden Oasis 2.0 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hidden Oasis 2.0
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next