Hidden Oasis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Hidden Oasis! Feel free to ask for others to join.
The season is Summer!! Who wants a swim?
Top posters
Angel (2622)
Stepping on Glass I_vote_lcapStepping on Glass I_voting_barStepping on Glass I_vote_rcap 
Shadow (2018)
Stepping on Glass I_vote_lcapStepping on Glass I_voting_barStepping on Glass I_vote_rcap 
Riiko (1791)
Ghuna (1731)
Jeger (1605)
Lapaoftheforest (1497)
Sasha (1314)
Cyrus (1015)
Lokioftheocean (923)
Okami (842)
Latest topics
» First new plot
Stepping on Glass EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:12 pm by Angel

» Fallen Waters Pack Territory
Stepping on Glass EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 11:05 am by Angel

» The Great Cave Maze
Stepping on Glass EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 9:23 am by Angel

» The Grand Beach
Stepping on Glass EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 9:21 am by Angel

» Hidden Cave
Stepping on Glass EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 9:19 am by Angel

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 64 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:57 pm
Top posting users this month
No user
Statistics
We have 61 registered users
The newest registered user is quasanl

Our users have posted a total of 24505 messages in 208 subjects

Stepping on Glass

Go down 
+5
Lapaoftheforest
Melody
Shadow
Angel
Cyrus
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Cyrus
Hunter
Cyrus

Stepping on Glass Empty
PostSubject: Stepping on Glass   Stepping on Glass EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 3:21 pm

This is a working progress and this is only the first page. Shadow made me put this up... xD

Stepping on Glass

Tyler never noticed me. He sat with all his ‘friends’ around a large oak tree. He is so stupid.
No.
I am.
I fell for him. That black haired stallion. Freckles that seemed like they were in the shapes of tiny lily pads. Only thing was… He wasn’t gay. He wasn’t homosexual, nor bisexual. Not only was he an amazing looking guy, but also he was popular, fit and strong. He could lift up a gas truck for all he cared. He could do chin ups on the tree branch’s of the oak tree. I on the other hand, can’t even pick up a 10-kilogram weight without not breaking a sweat. He could lift 25, 30 maybe even 50 without a sweat or tear in his eye.

I looked like a less handsome Hugh Jackman. He looked like Arnold Schwarzenegger with Hugh Jackman’s face. I did Chemistry, he did football. I read books; he got people to read books for him. Mainly Chester.
Chester was a total nerd. Yes, I did say I read books but Chester reads a six hundred paged book in like what, three hours? Plus, he is a teacher’s pet. Never once, has he gotten detention. I have at least had detention maybe three times. Or maybe four. Five? Who knows and who really cares.

Tyler was completely the opposite of what I am. He is completely in love with women.
Me?
I like men.
We have spoken a few times. Not full conversations but… It all counts. If only I could hold his hand. Apparently, Jennifer-his ex-girlfriend- says his hands are like touching rose petals. I can feel it now. My hands are tingling just thinking of it. They feel so soft.

“HENRY!”
“Owe! You know I’m not deaf.”
“Whatever. Did you finish the science project?”
“Yeah, it’s in my locker.”
That was Carter. She is my best friend. And the only one that knows I’m gay. I haven’t told anyone but her. I can trust her and her only. We’ve known each other from 3rd grade. Back when my hair was neat and tidy and not looking like a blonde birds nest. And back when we used to think kissing and holding hands meant that aliens would come after us and eat our faces. Yeah, we were kids. Stupid, idiotic kids.
Now where in 11th grade.
Now Carter seems to straiten her silky brown hair daily. Maybe even in class?
Back to top Go down
Angel
Alpha
Angel

Stepping on Glass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepping on Glass   Stepping on Glass EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 3:28 pm

I love it already! This has so much potential! xD Can't wait to see the rest xD
Back to top Go down
https://hiddenoasis.rpg-board.net
Shadow
Alpha
Shadow

Stepping on Glass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepping on Glass   Stepping on Glass EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 3:29 pm

Agreed! Gotta love it!!!
Back to top Go down
Cyrus
Hunter
Cyrus

Stepping on Glass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepping on Glass   Stepping on Glass EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 3:33 pm

and this is a story coming from a thirteen year old... I got skillz!
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Alpha
Shadow

Stepping on Glass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepping on Glass   Stepping on Glass EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 3:35 pm

Even better! XD you got good writing skills Smile
Back to top Go down
Angel
Alpha
Angel

Stepping on Glass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepping on Glass   Stepping on Glass EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 3:36 pm

I'm just curious as to why you gave it that name?
Back to top Go down
Cyrus
Hunter
Cyrus

Stepping on Glass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepping on Glass   Stepping on Glass EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 3:39 pm

my god sister was watching the video clip to skyscraper and the chick was walking on glass and I got the name from that.

and when it gets to the part where henry is at the party with tyler, and they get dared to kiss, henry thinks tyler has changed and he is gay now so he... ok i wont spoil anymore but u get the idea. xD
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Alpha
Shadow

Stepping on Glass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepping on Glass   Stepping on Glass EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 3:41 pm

Oh okay Smile cool i cant wait now XD
Back to top Go down
Cyrus
Hunter
Cyrus

Stepping on Glass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepping on Glass   Stepping on Glass EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 4:11 pm

This is the second page...
Stepping on Glass

I can remember my locker combination off by heart. 5,3,5,1,9. Carter got hers tattooed on her hand by an illegal tattoo artist. Her cousin dared her to. The one who sells drugs and parties every day and dropped out of school in 10th grade. Not the one who takes pictures of wild life and is a vegan and is totally in love with God. She is the one who creeps me out with all these facts about bugs and animals. She should keep her gross animal facts to herself.

“Ok, lets see. 5,3,5,1,9.” I say under my breath.
It didn’t open. I shook the nob and tried again. 5,3,5,1,9. Nothing.
“I’m not getting any younger Henry.”
“It isn’t opening.” I said. I realized I raised my voice. Now about twelve people were looking at me like I had just killed some one or slapped Carter. I looked at the people looking at me.
It felt like vultures were staring right at me like they were ready for a dead coyote to eat.
“Move.” I felt a shove. I didn’t see it coming. Carter had a hammer. She hit my locker with it. Three times.
BAM, BAM, BAM!
It rung in my ears. The same noise. It felt like it went on forever. Then a crash to the ground made it stop.
“Ta-da!” She said.
“You broke my locker. With a hammer.” I was still in shock from Carter shoving me to the side. From her hitting my locker with the hammer.
BAM, BAM, BAM!
“Well, where’s the project?” she said fixing up her black boob tube. I think it looked rather good with her. It matched her dark brown hair.
“Right.”

I moved towards my locker. I moved books to the side. It wasn’t there. It was a miniature version of a human stomach made of clay and painted. My books looked different too. That’s when I realized this wasn’t my locker. But whose was it? And how could I not know which one my locker was?
That’s when I saw the dark shadow. I felt the warm but loud breathing come upon my shoulder. I looked to the back of the locker.
I picture of Logan Reed and Tyler Mathews at the Football grand final last year.
I slowly turned around. I saw his face. It was red and scrunched up. He reminded me of a bull. I big, black bull.
He was African American.
Strong and was found violent.
Apparently, he got angry at Facebook, and through his computer at his dad who then ended up in hospital.

“I am so sorry man.” I said. I new he smelt my fear.
“You broke my locker!” He stared at me. For maybe five seconds then grabbed my black and blue-stripped polo shirt and lifted me off the ground. I swore I saw my life flash before my eyes.
I grabbed his grasped arm and gasped for air. Then I was lifted so I high off the ground, I could slip out of my shirt and run.
And so I did.
I fell to the ground and got up quickly, stumbling on Carter’s foot and then ran as fast as I could.
Logan wasn’t far behind. He was the fastest runner in the 11th grade but the good thing was, he had an injury on his left leg from Football.
That was good.
It slowed him down.
I felt like I was a squirrel stealing another squirrels nuts.
Back to top Go down
Melody

Melody

Stepping on Glass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepping on Glass   Stepping on Glass EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 12:53 am

wow this is really good!
Back to top Go down
Angel
Alpha
Angel

Stepping on Glass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepping on Glass   Stepping on Glass EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 2:06 am

This is great! I know it's just a draft at this point, but I would like to comment that it could improve with a little more description as I'm not too sure what these characters look like except for the basics. Other than that it looks amazing! Loving the plot line and character building Smile
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Alpha
Shadow

Stepping on Glass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepping on Glass   Stepping on Glass EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 2:31 am

XD yeah, just work on the character description a bit and it will be the awesomeness book I will read in ages!!!!
Back to top Go down
Cyrus
Hunter
Cyrus

Stepping on Glass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepping on Glass   Stepping on Glass EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 2:35 am

this is the 3rd page and a bit of the forth. I am mainly putting the character description through the story. I was taught to do that so then I'm not explaining what everyone looks like in the first paragraph.
Stepping on Glass

I ran from Logan. I turned out to the grass area and hid in the bush. I kept low and tried to steady my breathing. I could hear my heart beat. Loud and clear.
Thump, Thump, Thump, Thump, Thump,
Then I took in a couple of deep breaths.
In through the nose, out through the mouth.

I heard Logan coming. His steps sounded louder then my heart beat. I knew it was him. I could hear him dragging his left leg like a wildebeest with a broken leg. Limping. Slowly.
He turned out to the grassed area. I saw him through the shrub. I kept still and held my breath. I was breathing heavily so he could probably hear.

Logan searched the area like an eagle looking for dinner. If he found me, I would be toast. I would be nothing but jelly. If only I did end up food if he tried to kill me.
Logan moved.
I couldn’t see him now.
I started to breath. But slowly. I threw my head back against the grey brick wall. I was sweating. That was probably the fastest I had ever run. I leaned out of the shrub to see if Logan was there.
Nope.
I crawled out of the bush. The mulched stuck to my naked torso and arms like leaches. Once I was out, I stood up and brushed and picked off the mulch. Then came the even worse part.
Mrs. Dunford.

“I have heard you have been misbehaving Henry.” She said in an English accent. Her face reminded me of rat. Pointy noise, small eyes.
“To the principals office.”
“But Logan was-“
“NOW, Mr. Losten.”
I walked to the principals office with Mrs. Dunford following. I could hear her high heal shoes tapping the ground as she followed.
Tap, tap, tap, tap.
It annoyed me.

The door handle was cold. I jiggled it a little then turned it to the right.
I slowly walked in to the room.
The air conditioning made me feel cold and I hugged my torso to keep warm. Mrs. Dunford handed me my T-shirt. I put it on before anyone else saw my body. I was skinny, and I had a good body and all but… I still had some pieces of mulch attached to me.
“Sit down Mr. Losten.”
“Yes Principal Colt.”
I sat down in the black leather chair. It was comfortable. I could sleep in it if I wanted to. Then the door opened.
In came Logan.
Then Carter.
I gave a small smile to Carter and tried not to look at Logan.
“Sit down.” Principal Colt said with his deep voice.
I started to take off some of the mulch that was on my arms still.
“Do you all know why you’re here?” he said.
“That dork picking of mulch broke my locker door!” Logan shouted. I could feel his rage. It felt like a volcano had just erupted.
“I broke it.”
I heard Carter speak. Not loud though, but just enough to hear. She didn’t look at the principal. She didn’t even look at Logan or me. She just stared at the wooden floorboards.
I took a deep breath. It felt like I was carrying a tone of bricks and it some had just been taken off.
“Oh you did, eh?” Logan smirked. I saw him stare at her beautiful pale skinned face.
“I thought it was Henry’s locker.”
She had no sudden movement. She seemed like she wasn’t scared or anything. I was still shook from the chase.
“Miss. Jorgensen, why did you break Logan’s locker down?”
“I just said it. Henry’s locker number is 234 and it said 234. He went to open it, and the combination was wrong.”
I saw her face. It was starting to turn red. She hates being asked the same question twice. I learned that the hard way two years ago when she shouted at me and threw he hairbrush at her neighbor’s car. They had to get a new windscreen.
“Well, how is it that the door number 234, got onto-“
The door opened. In came Mr. Lorries. The gym teacher. He looked like a wrestler. Sweaty, muscular. But kind of ugly. He was haling Joseph and Steve in the room.
“I caught these two taking locker numbers off and putting them on different lockers.” he said.
I noticed the screw driver’s in Josephs hands and the numbers of lockers, falling out of Steve’s pocket.
“Well, looks like we found our rats.”
We all looked at the principal.
“Rats? Really?” I said.
He looked at me. I stopped my confused stare.
“Carter, you have a one week detention for breaking school property. You three may go.”
I stood up from the chair and walked to the door. Logan was already gone.
“Thanks for taking the blame.”
“Well, you didn’t really do anything.”
I smiled. I liked talking to Carter. Her conversations always made me happy. It lightened my day. Like a million stars shone on me.
Just on me.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Alpha
Shadow

Stepping on Glass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepping on Glass   Stepping on Glass EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 2:53 am

awsome Smile
Back to top Go down
Lapaoftheforest

Lapaoftheforest

Stepping on Glass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepping on Glass   Stepping on Glass EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 3:31 am

yay more!
Back to top Go down
Ghuna
Herbalist
Ghuna

Stepping on Glass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepping on Glass   Stepping on Glass EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 7:44 am

This is really good!
Back to top Go down
Talaye

Talaye

Stepping on Glass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepping on Glass   Stepping on Glass EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 12:25 am

This is really good! I was gonna include some compliments but they made me sound like a teacher xD
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Alpha
Shadow

Stepping on Glass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepping on Glass   Stepping on Glass EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 2:01 am

hehe nice Smile
Back to top Go down
Cyrus
Hunter
Cyrus

Stepping on Glass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepping on Glass   Stepping on Glass EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 2:34 am

haha, I am probably going to work on it in the weekend... xD
Back to top Go down
Sasha
Previous Members
Sasha

Stepping on Glass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepping on Glass   Stepping on Glass EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 2:37 am

YAYNESS!
Back to top Go down
Cyrus
Hunter
Cyrus

Stepping on Glass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepping on Glass   Stepping on Glass EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 5:39 pm

ok, i got off my butt and finally wrote some more... not a lot because I am busy with stuff at school and all so yeah...

I was still filthy from the mulch in the garden, and I was sweaty from when I had run. I walked into the boy’s showers and turned the cold tap on. I didn’t want the heat to get to me. I just wanted the cool water running on my body. I cleaned off all the bark and washed most of it out of my hair. I used some of the schools soap because I stank real badly.
I turned the tap off and grabbed my jeans and boxers that were hanging from the door. I put my boxers on, then my pants then walked out side and grabbed my T-shirt that was on the bench. After I put my shirt on, I put my shoes on and went back outside to meet up with Carter again.

“Took you long enough,” she said as she stood back up from where she was sitting, “My grandma takes less time to have a shower then you do.”
I didn’t feel like talking anymore. Logan is probably going to want to break every bone in my body. I started to walk forward to my tutor class and Carter came up behind me. Then she was in front of me. I skidded to a stop.
“What’s wrong, Donkey Kong?” she asked. Her jokes made me laugh. Always. But not this time.
Back to top Go down
Guinevere

Guinevere

Stepping on Glass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepping on Glass   Stepping on Glass EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 2:21 am

Oooh suspenseful ^_^
Back to top Go down
Ghuna
Herbalist
Ghuna

Stepping on Glass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepping on Glass   Stepping on Glass EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 4:53 pm

oooo wats happening next?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stepping on Glass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepping on Glass   Stepping on Glass Empty

Back to top Go down

Stepping on Glass
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hidden Oasis :: Other Stuff :: Stories xD-
Jump to: